Clayton S. Hightower
Attorney Clayton S. Hightower is a shareholder/owner at Sanders Bruin Coll & Worley PA. Clayton practices in a variety of legal areas, including business and commercial law, collections, family law, personal injury and workers’ compensation. He represents clients in Roswell, Hobbs, Carlsbad, Albuquerque and New Mexico statewide.
After graduating from Baylor University with honors, Clayton earned his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law. He is a licensed mediator in the state of Texas and has been admitted to practice in all New Mexico state courts since 2009. He is also licensed to appear before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.
Clayton is an active member of his local community and has been recognized for his achievements within the legal profession. He has been named one of the top lawyers in New Mexico five years in a row by the Legal Network. He has been named as one of the top 10 lawyers under the age of 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys and National Academy of Workers Compensation Attorneys for New Mexico for the last five years by these various accreditation organizations. He also consistently receives client satisfaction awards by a variety of legal agencies.
Mr. Hightower also belongs to a variety of professional legal organizations. He is a member of the Chaves County Bar Association, Lea County Bar Association, the State Bar of New Mexico, the American Bar Association and the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association. He participates in organizations including the Roswell Sunrise Rotary and Sons of the Republic of Texas. He is a graduate of the Roswell Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Roswell program.
Clayton has the innate ability to review a client file and map out of the most strategic game plan for that particular client under a set of particular and defined perimeters. The art of developing a game plan for a client from beginning to end and adjusting along the way helps Clayton garner the best results for his clients. While settling or mediating a case in the client’s best interest is always an option, Clayton’s tenacity as a litigator has earned him the reputation of being an attorney who will not hesitant to fight for his clients. Clayton maintains a heavy trial calendar and regularly takes cases to trial in all venues in New Mexico. He is a staunch advocate for his clients but constantly searches for viable out of court solutions to problems, where appropriate.
What My Clients Say
I am very pleased with the performance, communication, support, professionalism and determination of Clayton S. Hightower. Throughout my case, he was always very quick to respond, he made himself available during times that most would consider after hours. He was always patient in explaining the status/developments of my case. I could not have asked for more! I thank and commend Clayton S. Hightower for truly being there for me. I highly recommend this lawyer if you need someone to fight for the little guy.
Clayton S. Hightower guided me through a very challenging divorce case involving, estate, personal assets, disability, military retirements and issues that posed a threat to my children’s best interests. He aided me to negotiate an extremely strong and detailed plan outlining serious consequences for custodial violations. Clayton and his super staff always produced a seamless client service eliminating frustration, hardship, and miscommunication. This created a great working relationship. I am extremely fortunate to have such a warrior on my side. All I can is “Thank you.”
I have had both personal and professional experience as an attorney who has practiced against Clayton and one who hired Clayton. Clayton not only exhibits the utmost professionalism, clarity of strategy and expertise in his practice of the law, but he is also the fiercest advocate for his clients. Clayton stands alone as ruthless advocate for his client.
Clayton S. Hightower handled my case with 100% professionalism and effort. His work ethic was apparent through his preparation, presentation and execution of my case. I highly recommend him to everyone! Wow what a great advocate for workers.
Admitted to Bar
- 2009 New Mexico
- 2009 U. S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- Baylor University (B.B.A., 2005)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J. D., 2009)
- Sanders, Bruin, Coll & Worley, P.A. (2009 – Present)
- Chaves County Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Local State Bar Pro Bono Committee
- American Bar Association
- Certified Mediator (Texas)
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers’ Association (2013 to Present)
- Family Law Section Board of Directors (2014 to Present)
- Super Lawyers (2015 to Present)
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (2016 to Present)
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Workers Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Roswell Rotary Club
- Leadership Roswell 2010
- Teen Community Bible Study
- Sons of the Republic of Texas
Honors and Awards
- Top Lawyers in New Mexico by The Legal Network – 2013
- Top Lawyers in New Mexico by The Legal Network – 2014
- Top Lawyers in New Mexico by The Legal Network – 2015
- Top Lawyers in New Mexico by The Legal Network – 2016
- Top 10 Under 40 by The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys – 2015
- Top 10 Under 40 by The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys – 2016
- Top 10 Attorney Award by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys – 2015
- Top 10 Attorney Award by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys – 2016
- Avvo Clients’ Choice for Workers Compensation – 2015
- Avvo Clients’ Choice for Workers Compensation – 2016
- Avvo Clients’ Choice for Family Law – 2015
- Avvo Clients’ Choice for Family Law – 2016
- Client Satisfaction Award – American Institute of Family Lawyers – 2015
- Client Satisfaction Award – American Institute of Family Lawyers – 2016
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 40 under 40 – 2016
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 40 under 40 – 2017
- The American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Litigation Lawyer Under 40 – 2016
- The American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Litigation Lawyer Under 40 – 2017
- Super Lawyer – Rising Star 2016
- Super Lawyer – Rising Star 2017